How to Apply Daad Scholarship India
Daad Scholarship is an absolute blessing for Indian & other International students who want to pursue their Higher Education in German Universities. So, before knowing about How to apply for DAAD scholarship from India? First let me give you a quick definition of DAAD specifically for people who are unaware of this topic and Why is it beneficial for Indian students who want to pursue their higher education from foreign universities.
What is DAAD Scholarship for Indian Students?
DAAD which stands for Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst in the German language which is also referred as German Academic Exchange Service is basically a German Scholarship program provided by German Universities especially for international students who want to pursue their Masters or Post-Doctorate degree from Universities of Germany. Now we will dive the bit more to know about why and how DAAD is beneficial for Indian students.
Why and How DAAD Scholarship is important?
Basically, DAAD scholarship program is meant to help and support foreign students financially who want to study in Germany. Through DAAD scholarship program an international student can avail various benefits which include monetary support towards accidental, personal or health insurance for the particular student.
DAAD Scholarship Amount Value and Duration:
DAAD scholarship amount varies accordingly in terms of Masters and Doctorate programs in abroad.
Note: DAAD scholarship program is applicable for students whose expenses are not covered by their own country or any other source
Amount (in Euros)
Duration (in Months)
12 – 24
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship:
To avail a DAAD scholarship program a student must have the following eligibility:
• The concerned student should have a full time 4 year Bachelor degree from a registered institution or university in the relevant subject.
• The academic degree qualification should not exceed more than 6 years.
• Aggregate marks of 85 % and above or CGPA 8.5 / 10 and above of completed semesters at the time of application.
• Acceptance comes invitation letter from a German professor for the internship.
• If the individual is continuing their job in Government/Private Company or Public authority then he/ she should be involved either in social, economic or technical development projects.
• DAAD scholarship is also available accordingly as per language, which means both for German and English language. So in order to avail the scholarship, there is the certain certification that an individual has to complete.
• For English language course, an individual should pass IELTS (Band 6) or TOEFL certification which concludes of 3 papers (paper related, internet related and computer related) comprising total mark of 843.
• For German language course, an individual should clear DSH2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning. Also at the time of filing application, the candidate should have a minimum German language level of A2. Apart from all these also the candidate should mandatorily possess a B1 level proficiency certificate in the German language.
• One major thing to know before applying for DAAD scholarship is – not all institutes or universities provide this opportunity and also there are only particular courses or subjects for which scholarship can be applied.
In order to know more detail about the scholarship eligibility, one can refer their official website mentioned below: https://www.daad.de/
Note: A 6-month German language course is also included in the scholarship program. Since we have understood about the basics of DAAD scholarship and its eligibility criteria, now it’s time to jump into to see how the DAAD scholarship application form exactly looks like and what are the different points to fill out.
DAAD Scholarship Requirements:
1. Aggregate marks of 85 % and above or CGPA 8.5 / 10 and above of completed semesters at the time of application.
2. The applicant must be a registered student of his / her institution. Acceptance cum invitation letter from a German professor for the internship.
1. German language skills are not mandatory.
2. Very good proficiency in the English language is expected.
Application documents for DAAD
1. Online application form.
2. Full curriculum vitae.
3. DAAD form (Certificate of Enrolment) filled in by home institution as proof of current enrolment.
4. DAAD form (No Objection Certificate) filled in and stamped by the home institution.
5. Invitation letter from German supervisor.
6. DAAD form (Approval Form by German Host) filled in by German supervisor. Recent reference from Indian university teacher which provides information about the applicant’s qualifications,
7. University degree certificates indicating final grade(s) are mandatory.
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. You are also required to send one copy of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed and a reference from an Indian university teacher by post to the application address.
Please note that the first and last name filled in the application form should be identical to the name in the passport.
Please note that the “Submitting an application” tab in the scholarship database only appears while the current application period is running. After the application deadline has expired, the portal for this program is not available until the next application period. For more details, Visit Admissiongyan.com Overseas Education Consultancy in Bangalore, India
All The Best!