Masters in Data Science from Germany
Data science is considered one of the most rapidly growing fields in recent years. Due to a widespread increase in data science-related technologies, many global universities are offering Master’s degrees in this domain.
1. The Top Universities to Study Masters in Data Science from Germany
Germany is one of the leading countries offer Master degrees in Data Science. So let us understand the top universities offering the course and all other vital information related to it. Here is a list of top five universities offering Masters in Data Science along with the course information.
- Technical University of Munich - They offer Data Engineering and Analytics, and Mathematics in Data Science programs.
- University of Magdeburg - They offer Data and Knowledge Engineering as their masters in data science programs.
- University of Mannheim - They offer the Mannheim Master in Data Science program.
- Technical University of Dortmund – They offer various core and elective modules that students can opt for based on their interests.
- Leuphana University of Luneburg – They offer the Management & Data Science study program as part of their master’s program.
2. Jobs After Completing Masters In Data Science from Germany
MS in Data Science will give you a world of opportunities and you can choose one of the career paths listed below:
- Business Intelligence Analyst (~70,000 USD/year) You can work for financial, consulting and reporting, or tech companies.
- Statistician (~75,000 USD/year*) You can work for local authorities, government agencies, research institutes, consulting and reporting companies, or market research companies.
- Big Data engineer (~115,0000 USD/year) You can work for entertainment, tech, trade, or retail companies.
- Data Analyst (~60,000 USD/year) You can work for finance, manufacturing, telecommunications, construction, and utility, or other large businesses.
- Data Architect (~75,000 USD/year) You can work for educational institutions, public or private organizations, or healthcare facilities.
- Database Administrator (~75,000 USD/year) You can work for social media agencies, financial & medical institutions, law firms, or research institutes.
- Machine Learning Engineer (~115,000 USD/year) You can work at many large MNCs like Apple, Amazon, Accenture, Facebook, or Microsoft.
3. Study Cost to Pursue Masters in Data Science from Germany
While the exact cost for pursuing a master’s from Germany will depend on the university and course you opt for, here are a few things you must keep in mind. Germany is one of the cheapest countries to pursue higher education. Many German universities offer courses with zero tuition fees. This makes German universities extremely competitive. Also, the cost of living in Germany is very affordable. You can even opt for student loans that can also be used to cover your basic expenditures.
4. Scholarship Programs to Study Masters in Data Science from Germany
Germany has a great reputation for being an education-friendly country. The country has many tuition fees-free public universities, and your admission is largely dependent on your academic achievements. This negates the requirements for any scholarships for education in the country. If you wish to consider a scholarship to cover your living expenses in the country, you can look for options in your home country, India. You must have at least 8000 Euros a year, which is the minimum expenses cost that you must have. You can avail of a scholarship from your home country to cover this cost.
Pursuing MS in Data Science from Germany can be a lifetime opportunity that you should never miss out on. The tuition fees-free programs make the country an attractive destination for students who wish to study in Germany at affordable costs. It will just be the right opportunity for anyone who wants to learn advanced data analysis skills. A Master Degree in data science from Germany will also help you land your dream job anywhere around the world.Read More