Why should you study in Germany?
International students from all over the world come to Germany every year to pursue higher degree courses to start their careers on a high note. The majority of the universities in Germany offer international students a wide range of higher degree programs like Masters, Post-Graduation, MS, MBA, and PhD. Renowned international organizations recognize Top-ranked universities in Germany for providing flexible education systems to the aspirants. Top-notch infrastructures facilitate the students to pursue their favorite courses and develop their skills effectively while studying in Germany. On completion of the higher degree programs, students can even get a work permit for 1-2 years and gain international work experience.
Germany is one of the most popular countries in Europe. Travellers from all around the world visit the country in significant numbers for having various scenic places, beautiful landscapes of dense woods, rivers, mountains, and diversified cultures. Besides Berlin, which is the capital of Germany, other cities of the country possess a significant number of historical places, churches, monuments, and ancient structures. Apart from boasting innumerable amazing places, Germany has also gained a reputation in the last few years for having world-renowned universities. Yearly, hundreds and thousands of Indian students, along with other students from different countries, travel to Germany to pursue higher degree courses in the universities. The Government of the Federal Republic of Germany has been taking the necessary steps to develop the infrastructure of the universities where international students come every year to pursue masters or post-graduation courses.
Requirements for MS, MBS and Engineering Studies in Germany
International students from all around the globe prefer Germany due to various beneficial factors. The top-ranked universities in Germany offer a wide variety of higher degree courses for international students to help them to achieve coveted goals effectively.
- The essential requirement for MS, MBS, and Engineering Studies in Germany is to have at least or more than 75% in their under graduation degree program.
- International students need to have a good hold on the English language by qualifying potential exams – TOEFL and IELTS.
- The international students need to achieve at least a 3.0 GPA to apply to the Master’s Degree course.
- Attested mark sheets and past certificates of the Higher Secondary and Bachelor’s Degree course are required.
- A student is required to show at least a couple of letters of recommendation from the teachers who have taught the student while pursuing an under graduation degree program.
Top reasons to Study in Germany
- Globally renowned government and private universities in Germany offer a variety of Master’s degree programs to international students.
- Budget-friendly course fees in the universities in Germany
- International students do not have to sit for any entrance examinations
- Direct admission in the top-ranked universities in Germany
- Availability of a wide variety of foods and Indian cuisines
- The primary medium of language is English for international students.
- Excellent accommodation facilities at affordable rates
- Flexible and customize education system. International students can combine their academic and voluntary courses as per their interest.
Admission criteria for pursuing a higher degree course in Germany
- A student needs to have at least 18 years of education before applying to Masters or Post-graduation courses in the universities in Germany.
- International students are required to show documents that reflect their relevant work experience in the field of study courses that wish to pursue.
- Proficiency in the English language is a must. A student needs to crack GMAT or GRE.
- Attested documents by the authorization from where the students have pursued a Bachelor’s Degree program.
Scholarships at Germany Institutions
Indian students and students from other countries get scholarships from both the Government and private universities to pursue their higher degree courses efficiently and seamlessly. The top scholarships funded by the Government are DAAD Scholarships and Erasmus Scholarships. The Non-Government funded scholarships are Einstein International Postdoctoral and Heinrich Boll Scholarships for International Students.
Top Colleges and Universities in Germany
In Germany, students get to study higher degree courses in all disciplines. There are four types of universities that focus entirely on research, technical, arts & designs, and science.
- Chemnitz University of Technology
- Technical University of Dortmund
- Hamburg University of Technology
- Technical University of Munich
- Berlin University of the Arts
- Ruhr University Bochum
- University of Giessen
- Catholic University of Applied Sciences Freiburg
Is Berlin a suitable option to study in Germany?
Yes, the capital city has some of the renowned university with excellent academic results. The history indicates that the universities lead in its latest learning technique and research with ample options for students to explore the best and build up their careers. Despite being among the highly ranked and recognized universities in Germany, it is affordable for students both on tuition fees and living style. However, for planning to get admission to Universities in Berlin, Admissiongyan Education Consultancy is a good option for an overseas consultancy near me that offers many benefits for students.
Post-study Work Opportunities in Germany
International students can gain international work experience while studying in Germany and pursuing their coveted higher degree courses. The Government gives work permits for 2 years to students and allows them to work in top-notch private agencies in Germany. For post-study work and opportunity to choose from plenty of options, Frankfurt University offers a different study environment for the students. With better educational opportunities, it is easy for the students to decide of their next big step that will help take their career to the next level.
Student VISA Requirements for Germany
The international students require a student visa to travel to Germany higher study in germany in the top-ranked universities and pursuing coveted Master’s Degree courses successfully.
How Admissiongyan Education Consultancy help students face challenges?
Owing to this, it is among the best admission consultants in bangalore that delivers professional guidance to students when planning to apply for Frankfurt University and the like option in the major cities of Germany. To immerse into a foreign culture and get used to the new challenging environment, this education consultancy train students and help shape them to become adoptable with the new environment in an unknown land.
Is it worth choosing Heidelberg for pursuing higher education?
Yes, it is one of the oldest surviving and recognized among the German universities. It offers study program options in 12 different courses. Moreover, it helps students get involved in a different learning environment with the scope to develop themselves.
Even when looking to enroll with a technically oriented university in Germany, Munich and Stuttgart University can be a good option. It offers a close perspective to natural science and engineering to students who are into technical subjects, trying to know about it in core.
Benefits offered by Admissiongyan Education Consultancy
- Admission guide on course
When in dilemma about which foreign university to choose in Germany, it is this abroad education consultants that can offer adequate assistance. It will suggest the best university for the study program that you are planning to pursue. So, based on the course and the university, the consultancy team has the correct knowledge to help you apply in the right admission time.
- Career counseling
Taking the right decision in vital juncture of your career makes a difference in how to want to build up your future. This is where the above said consultancy helps the students. In this relation, any german education consultancy can offer advice about the possibilities of part-time job to help students earn their money for studying abroad.
- Financial planning
This is one of the primary aspects that can obstacle for students who are unable to pursue higher studies in Germany. Before you take final decision, knowing about detailed fee structure and how much it costs for every session, the education consultancy can provide detailed help. To grasp better insight into the estimated expense of the study program and the cost of living in the new city can be helped by an overseas education consultancy like Admissiongyan.
- Visa help
This is another factor that most students find daunting to get easy visa approval to pursue higher study in a foreign country. Moreover, it can be challenging and tricky for students to understand the procedure with ease. It is the experts at an educational consultancy who have prior experience and so, offer valuable guidance to the aspirants.
- Security of studying abroad
Are the students troubled about security of pursuing higher studies in foreign country? This is common and to overcome the same an education consultancy can groom students in the best possible way. Moreover, the consultancies have a better idea of security and safety, thus helping students with ease visa approval procedures.
So, Admissiongyan can be touted as a reliable education consultancy to help students when planning for higher studies. The overall information that offers make the way to a new city a hassle-free one and they can start the new phase of their career in an informed manner. So, approach the consultancy now and help them make your journey to one of the renowned German universities a smooth one.Read More
A Comprehensive Overview of Studying MS in Germany During COVID-19It would be an understatement to say that coronavirus has altered the way the world functions once. With many public places being shut, the world indeed came to a halt, which seems indefinite now. With countries grappling with the effects of the pandemic, the major question is the opening and functioning of universities. For students who were looking forward to studying in countries like the USA and the UK now prefer Germany more. Note that European nations were predicted to come out of this pandemic slump faster than others. Out of all the European nations, Germany, with its best social and healthcare infrastructure, slowed down the spread of the pandemic commendably. So let’s take a glance at the possibilities of studying MS in Germany amidst this pandemic.
Travel Restrictions are Eased GraduallyFrom 15th June, the restrictions related to travel have been eased for 26 EU nations, including Germany. Positive news on this aspect is that the visa application is being accepted for international students traveling to Germany. But note that they are accepted in a limited manner only, and hence you have to wait for the full approval process. Quite interestingly, the classes for the winter semester is all set to commence from 1st November 2020. This news depicts the readiness and willingness of German Universities to accept international students in their programs.
Can International Students travel to Study MS in Germany right now?In the earlier stages of the pandemic, Germany had imposed very strict travel rules. You may be allowed to enter Germany if you are from a country belonging to the European Union. German Universities are not accepting students from a non-EU country. But if you belong from a country where the cases of the pandemic are low, you would be allowed to travel to Germany for higher studies.
Can International Students obtain a visa to Commence their Studies in German Universities now?Throughout the pandemic, many German missions based out of Germany have stopped accepting visa applications. However, as you can see, there is relative relaxation of visa restrictions. Hence, one can expect that the German consulates and embassies would resume their operations soon. If you are a student belonging from an EU country, consider yourself lucky. It is because the process of resuming visa applications for EU students has already started. On the other hand, international students who have finished the visa application process, including the interview, are likely to face various issues. It is because the application processes that are pending are often put on hold. One can expect these applications would be processed again when the German embassy in your country reopens soon. One of the main take-away from the aspects mentioned above is that one can expect the German embassies to work full-fledged to accommodate international students. It would be great if Germany allows students from non-EU countries to study in its prestigious universities. Ensure that you are in regular contact with the embassy or the consulate who is overseeing your visa application process.
Possibilities of International Students Applying for the Winter Semester 2020/21 to Study in GermanyWell, international students can apply for the winter semester of 2020/21. Especially when the context is about the Bachelor’s programs, the deadlines were extended till 20th August. Similar cases apply to other Master’s degrees. It is recommended that you check the website of the university frequently so that you don’t miss out on important updates. But to be precise, the application process would be a bit difficult for international students who are willing to study MS in Germany. Another issue is that the postal services have either been restricted or stopped. If your university requires paper-based application documents, then you cannot send them. However, you can contact the program coordinators to learn about other alternatives that are in place. Expect strict hygiene and social distancing in place when you finally are in Germany for higher studies. Any possible flouting of quarantine and social distancing rules would attract serious penalties. Let’s hope that this pandemic subsides soon and realize your dream of pursuing higher studies in Germany.Read More
Apply for MBA in GermanyThe Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a postgraduate degree program that equips students with a wide set of skills related to business and management. As managerial skills are essential for every organization, MBA abroad graduates enjoy a very high level of employability across the world. MBA in Germany stands out of those due to various reasons. Germany offers a wide range of MBA programs for aspiring entrepreneurs. The high-quality education, affordable MBA courses, and the robust environment help professionals who are trying to play a crucial role in the management of enterprises. Students who are preferring Germany for their MBA degree can choose one from hundreds of MBA courses offered by various top universities in Germany.
Best MBA in Germany - Universities
- University of Manheim – Manheim Business School
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management (HHL)
- WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
- European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) Berlin
- EBS University Business School
- University of Cologne Faculty of Management
- Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
- ESCP Europe, Berlin Campus
Types of MBA Programs Offered in German UniversitiesSome of the Top MBA programs include finance, economics or accounting, investing, resource management, specialization in general topics, technology management, hospitality management, luxury and retail management, arts management, property management, and the like options. Even if you have plans to pursue a business venture, you may opt for a small business MBA program to grasp a better idea about it.
Program Structure - MBA in GermanyThe duration of the MBA program from 12 to 24 months. The program structure is divided into two types, highly recommended for the Indian students to study MBA in Germany.
Full-time ProgramIt is a traditional MBA program in Germany. Duration: 24 months. It includes both regular campus studies and internships.
Executive ProgramExecutive MBA (EMBA) program is preferred by the students, those who are having work experiences. Duration: 12 - 18 months
Entry Requirements - MBA in German UniversitiesThe requirements to apply for an MBA in Germany vary from university to university. However, there are a few common documents that every university asks you to submit along with the MBA course admission form. The documents required to apply for an MBA degree course in Germany are:
- A recognized undergraduate degree and a certified transcript of your grades
- Strong GRE or GMAT scores
- Proof of Language Proficiency (English or German)
- Motivation and Reference Letters (Optional)
- Two to three years of professional experience (Optional)
Study MS in Chemical Engineering in GermanyAs the US and UK, Germany is an emerging country to offer quality MS programs. On the basis of education, the living standard, jobs, etc., make Germany the best study destination for studying MS in Germany. The MS programs offered by the top universities in Germany are in the German language, but it is not true. Around 150 colleges in Germany for MS offer MS programs that are completely in English. MS in Chemical Engineering in Germany is one of them. Every year more than 15,000 students get admission to study MS in Chemical Engineering in Germany from different parts of the world. The Top German universities for MS are admired globally because of their all-inclusive curriculum. Applying for MS in Chemical Engineering in Germany would help a student to get plenty of opportunities and vast scopes as well. One of the most profitable and fulfilling careers in engineering is becoming chemical engineers. These professionals utilize the principles of chemistry for manufacturing an extensive range of chemical products. Besides the exceptional and interesting production of chemical products, chemical engineers also design equipment for chemical plants. This is why; choosing a German college for MS is one of the ideal options for the students.
Eligibility CriteriaIn order to apply to any renowned German University to study chemical engineering, there is a requirement to submit a few important documents;
- The application form of the university has to be duly completed with the real information on your personal data, professional experience (if any), and educational detail.
- A valid proof of the renowned university entrance qualification
- Recognized academic certificates like a diploma, bachelor degree or any other
- Certificates of the other volunteered activity as well as work experience
Pre-requisites to Study Chemical Engineering in Germany;
- Minimum of 75% in your undergraduate degree or CGPA 7.5/10
- German universities accept IELTS exam results, and the score has to be 6.5 out of 9. You can also submit your TOEFL score which should be over 90
- GRE is not mandatory
Top 10 Universities for Chemical Engineering in Germany
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Technical University of Munich
- FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- TU Dortmund University
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- RWTH Aachen University
- Universität Stuttgart
Job ProspectsThis is a dream of every individual to find and do a great job. But, thanks to the good economic situation in Germany, ample university graduates looking for work generally have very good prospects. Especially, if you are in the chemical engineering field, you will also get plenty of opportunities. It means that, depending on the sector, you will be able to avail a good chance of finding a job. Students who wish to pursue their MS in Germany can take assistance from Admissiongyan, the top Overseas education consultancy in Bangalore. Being a reputed education counselor in Bangalore, our expert team helps the students in assisting from admission counseling to short-listing the top universities in Germany for MS, university applications, the application process, SOP preparation, document guidance, visa/ study loan, pre-departure briefings, and more about MS in Germany plans. This aims to offer some of the trustworthy and high-quality guidance to the students to reach the best possible academic heights.Read More
MS in Computer Science in GermanyMasters in Computer Science in Germany is one of the most sought-after degrees with a wide range of job opportunities for both freshers and experienced professionals. German universities are the top choices for pursuing Masters in Computer Science in Germany to study abroad programs.
Why Prefer Universities in Germany for MS in Computer Science?Is Germany good for MS in computer science? Obviously, yes. When it comes to the economy, Germany is more stable than the US and it has been the pioneers in terms of technology innovation and research. More than 40 universities in Germany are offering MS in Computer Science and more than 5 German Universities ranks within the top 100 global universities offering MS in Computer Science. The majority of the universities offering Masters in Computer Science in Germany provide students with good research facilities and exposure to the latest and emerging technologies and allows them to go for internships and company projects. Once the students complete the MS in CS course, they are offered with a high package of around 11,500 Euro/month, which is equivalent to 19 lakhs INR. There has been a continuous rise in salaries for postgraduates in computer science from 2016 to 2020.
Top Universities in Germany for MS in Computer ScienceThe duration of the MS in Germany in Computer Science in most of the German universities is 2 years (4 semesters). Below are some of the top universities in Germany for MS in Computer Science.
- Technical University Munich
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University Darmstadt
- University of Freiburg
- Technical University of Berlin
- Heidelberg University
- University of Passau
- Stuttgart University
- University of Goettingen
- Technical University Dresden
- University of Konstanz
Admission Process for MS in Computer Science in GermanyYou can apply for German universities in three ways - directly through the university portal, through DAAD or Uni-assist applications. The eligibility criteria vary from university to university.
Eligibility for MS in Computer Science in Germany
Technical University Munich
- Eligibility - UG in a relevant subject
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL Score: 88 & IELTS: 6.5
RWTH Aachen University
- Eligibility - UG in a relevant subject
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 90 & IELTS: 5.5
Technical University Darmstadt
- Eligibility - BSc in a relevant subject
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 88 & IELTS: 6.5
The University of Freiburg
- Eligibility - UG in CS/Maths or closely related field
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 94 & IELTS: 7.0
Technical University of Berlin
- Eligibility - Previous degree with CS, IT & Methodological Science
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 87 & IELTS: 6.5
- Eligibility - UG in relevant Subject
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 90 & IELTS: 5.5
University of Passau
- Eligibility - 50-59% in relevant UG Degree
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 87 & IELTS: 5.5
- Eligibility - UG in relevant stream
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 95 & IELTS: 7.0
University of Goettingen
- Eligibility - BSc Computer Science
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 81 & IELTS: 5.5
Technical University Dresden
- Eligibility - UG in a relevant degree
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 80 & IELTS: 6.5
University of Konstanz
- Eligibility - UG subject relevance
- ELP Test scores - TOEFL: 90 & IELTS: 6.0
Masters Programs in Germany to Study Mechanical Engineering
Germany is home to some of the most prominent car brands in the world. Top names like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, and BMW have their roots in Germany. Apart from renowned brands, Germany is famous for its research and development institutes. Most of the top universities in the world lie in Germany. If you’re here, then we guess that you’re looking to get your MS in Germany for Mechanical Engineering. Here is a list of top ten Masters Programs in Germany to study Mechanical Engineering.
1. MS in Mechatronics and Cyber-Physical Systems
If you are someone who is very much interested to learn about advanced simulation systems and additive manufacturing, then this is the subject that you are looking for. The Deggendorf University of Technology, located in Deggendorf, is famous worldwide for its high academic stature. The duration of the course is three semesters. An English Telecommunication B2 certificate or equivalent is mandatory and also 210 ETCS credits from an International or German-based University.
2. MS in Design and Development
Esslingen University is famous for its best research facility around the globe. The Design and Development master’s program at Esslingen is renowned globally. Students from around the world have been part of Esslingen. The course of Design and Development focuses on production-oriented product design and development. This program is useful for those looking to gain knowledge of product design.
3. MS in Quantum Engineering
If quantum physics is your choice of interest, then you can probably get the best education from Julius Maximilians Universitat Wurzburg. The course duration is for two years. The Maximilian University charges around €62 per semester for this master’s program. You must have at least 180 ECTS credits.
4. MS in Space Engineering
The world-famous Tecniche University, Berlin, provides this master’s program. The program puts light on new space technologies, satellites, space-borne disaster monitoring, and much more. The course duration is two years. The fee costs you around €21,990 for the entire course.
5. Masters of Science in Composites -Focus Aviation
This program is something you cannot find in the whole of Europe. It focuses on aircraft construction and other material construction with the help of composites. This subject has tremendous prospects. It is available at PHFF private University at Stade.
6. MS in Computer-Aided Conception and Production
If you’re looking to enhance your CAD/CAM skills, this master’s program is the one for you. It is available at RWTN International Academy. It is a two-year course. The course focuses on Additive Manufacturing, Product Design and Development, and human-machine interfaces. The eligibility criteria to undertake this course at RWTN International Academy is that you should have at least 190 ECTS credits in your undergraduate degree.
7. Masters in Simulation-based Engineering Sciences
Started in 2005, most of the universities in Germany have this course. It focuses on simulative methods and additive manufacturing. Students can do it at CADFEM because of the top quality of education. It is a two-year course, comprising four semesters.
8. MS in Management and Engineering in Computer-Aided Mechanical Engineering
Management Studies are a significant part of Engineering. Those interested in management students can get it done from RWTH International Academy. The eligibility criteria to undertake this course at RWTH University is you should at least 120 ECTS credits in your undergraduate degree from an International University or any University in Germany.
9. Masters in Automotive Management
If you are looking to make a career in the automotive industry, then this master’s degree will help you do so. The master’s program is available at EBS Universitat. The eligibility criteria are 180 ECTS credits, and a TOEFL certificate is mandatory.
10. MBA in sustainable mobility Management
This is another unique program that focuses on automobile study. The Techniche University, Berlin, provides this master’s program, which has a duration of 18 months. The minimum eligibility criterion is 210 ECTS credits, and a TOEFL certificate is a must.
Germany being a world-renowned country in the Mechanical Industry provides huge opportunities and scopes for all mechanically related aspirants. Moreover, with top universities, huge research scope and low course fees are an added advantage for all International students who are planning to study Ms in Germany to study Mechanical Engineering.Read More
Masters in Data Science from Germany
Data science is considered one of the most rapidly growing fields in recent years. Due to a widespread increase in data science-related technologies, many global universities are offering Master’s degrees in this domain.
1. The Top Universities to Study Masters in Data Science from Germany
Germany is one of the leading countries offer Master degrees in Data Science. So let us understand the top universities offering the course and all other vital information related to it. Here is a list of top five universities offering Masters in Data Science along with the course information.
- Technical University of Munich - They offer Data Engineering and Analytics, and Mathematics in Data Science programs.
- University of Magdeburg - They offer Data and Knowledge Engineering as their masters in data science programs.
- University of Mannheim - They offer the Mannheim Master in Data Science program.
- Technical University of Dortmund – They offer various core and elective modules that students can opt for based on their interests.
- Leuphana University of Luneburg – They offer the Management & Data Science study program as part of their master’s program.
2. Jobs After Completing Masters In Data Science from Germany
MS in Data Science will give you a world of opportunities and you can choose one of the career paths listed below:
- Business Intelligence Analyst (~70,000 USD/year) You can work for financial, consulting and reporting, or tech companies.
- Statistician (~75,000 USD/year*) You can work for local authorities, government agencies, research institutes, consulting and reporting companies, or market research companies.
- Big Data engineer (~115,0000 USD/year) You can work for entertainment, tech, trade, or retail companies.
- Data Analyst (~60,000 USD/year) You can work for finance, manufacturing, telecommunications, construction, and utility, or other large businesses.
- Data Architect (~75,000 USD/year) You can work for educational institutions, public or private organizations, or healthcare facilities.
- Database Administrator (~75,000 USD/year) You can work for social media agencies, financial & medical institutions, law firms, or research institutes.
- Machine Learning Engineer (~115,000 USD/year) You can work at many large MNCs like Apple, Amazon, Accenture, Facebook, or Microsoft.
3. Study Cost to Pursue Masters in Data Science from Germany
While the exact cost for pursuing a master’s from Germany will depend on the university and course you opt for, here are a few things you must keep in mind. Germany is one of the cheapest countries to pursue higher education. Many German universities offer courses with zero tuition fees. This makes German universities extremely competitive. Also, the cost of living in Germany is very affordable. You can even opt for student loans that can also be used to cover your basic expenditures.
4. Scholarship Programs to Study Masters in Data Science from Germany
Germany has a great reputation for being an education-friendly country. The country has many tuition fees-free public universities, and your admission is largely dependent on your academic achievements. This negates the requirements for any scholarships for education in the country. If you wish to consider a scholarship to cover your living expenses in the country, you can look for options in your home country, India. You must have at least 8000 Euros a year, which is the minimum expenses cost that you must have. You can avail of a scholarship from your home country to cover this cost.
Pursuing MS in Data Science from Germany can be a lifetime opportunity that you should never miss out on. The tuition fees-free programs make the country an attractive destination for students who wish to study in Germany at affordable costs. It will just be the right opportunity for anyone who wants to learn advanced data analysis skills. A Master Degree in data science from Germany will also help you land your dream job anywhere around the world.Read More
German Language TestWhen you have forthcoming exams, it could happen that you run out of time to study and see your stress levels rising. But panicking is the last thing you must do as it is not the best way to deal with stress. Let’s admit that no one likes exams let alone even studying for them. But we have five essential tips that will help you learn the German language without any trouble.
5 Specific Tips to Master the German Language Test
- Practice about the format and requirements of the test
- Purchase test-specific study material
- Learn new words every day
- Listen to podcasts and watch films or shows without subtitles
- Download apps and study on the go
Top Paying Degree Courses in GermanyFor many students, the US and the UK were the go-to destinations for higher education. But times have changed. Other countries are emerging in terms of the quality of courses offered. As per a study conducted by www.study.eu, on the basis of various parameters (such as education, the standard of living, job, and career opportunity), Germany is the best country in the world for higher studies. You may presume that courses offered by German universities are in German, but that’s not true. Nearly 150 of the >400 universities in Germany offer courses completely in English. That’s about 40%. Germany, for years, has been offering a high quality of education. Following is a list of the top-paying degree courses for higher studies in Germany:
- Supply Chain Management
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence (aka AI)
- Renewable Resources
- Machine Learning
Part-Time Job Options While Studying in GermanyAs a student, if you wish to go abroad for higher studies, getting admission in your preferred world-class university could be a dream come true. The location and the course fees could be a cause for concern, which could even prompt you to have a second thought about going abroad. However, worry not as many students do opt for part-time jobs to ensure that they live their dream of studying in a foreign country. A part-time job in a foreign country would not cover your entire course expenditure, but at least it can help meet a number of overhead costs. Apart from earnings, working alongside your studies can also help you gain exposure and understand the working scenarios to prepare for life after you obtain your degree. Germany is famous around the world for its advancements in the fields of engineering and automation. Besides being a country that promotes innovation, Germany has one of the lowest unemployment rates across European countries. It could work wonders for you if you have decided to study engineering in Germany. All of these positive elements make Germany an attractive destination for students who wish to study and work in Germany while completing their education and in the future as well. Studying MS in Germany is also one of the most popular options. Whether you are on a lookout for extensive programs, top universities, or research options, Germany is an ideal destination. There are a number of German universities for masters as well. If you have decided to work alongside your studies, there are certain things that you must keep in mind. The most important being your eligibility and relevant laws that govern part-time jobs. Once you have taken care of this, you can move forward to selecting the work of your choice.
Part-Time Jobs while studying in GermanySeven laws governing part-time jobs that you must consider carefully If you are enrolled in a university in Germany as an international student, you are eligible to take up part-time jobs based on the following criteria:
- As a student, you can work for 120 full days for 240 half days in a calendar year. However, this number could vary from low-employment regions to high-employment regions. If you are living in a high-employment region, you might just get lucky, as could get a work permit that could be of more than 120 days.
- During regular college terms, students cannot work for more than 20 hours a week. However, during vacations, they can take up full-time jobs.
- Before you take up employment, a work permit from the federal employment agency is required, which would have details of the maximum limit of work you can do as a student.
- In case you are enrolled in a language course or preparatory course, you will face tighter regulations. You will need explicit permission to work from the university and will be allowed to work only during lecture-free periods.
- Students who earn less than 450 euros a month and work for less than 50 days continuously over the entire year are exempted from taxes.
- Working for 20 more than 20 hours per week is not permitted and if you do violate this limit, you will have to pay for unemployment, nursing care, and health insurance.
- You must, at all times, comply with the governing laws. Failure to do so will result in expulsion not only from the university but the country as well.
- Teaching jobs at colleges and universities - If you are a research scholar, it will be very easy to land a job that will pay you decently. You can work in numerous capacities like preparing research literature, delivering lectures, or even working as a librarian. These are some of the best jobs that can be pursued in colleges and universities and are advertised well in advance.
- Waiter or support staff - Waiting or support staff assignments are very popular options among students. The pay here would not be much but it gives great opportunities to work in a vibrant environment and meet new people the whole time. Many times, you might receive decent tips as well.
- English teachers - English is a global language and not a primary one in Germany can be used to your advantage. Giving private tuition's to native Germans can be a lucrative option, However, you must have advanced English language skills before you decide to take up such opportunities.
- Industrial production assistants - If you plan to study engineering in Germany, working as an industrial production assistant could be an opportunity that will give you relevant exposure. If you are pursuing MS in Germany, you can use these jobs as a precursor to a full-fledged career.
If you’re wondering about what you need to do to study in Germany, and you’re confused by the amount of information available on what steps you need to take, you’re at the right place. We have simplified the process of studying in Germany as an international student into 8 steps you need to go through. Follow these 8 steps one by one to keep track of where you are right now and what you need to do to make your dream of studying in Germany a reality.
8 Steps to Study in Germany |Application Guide For International Students infographicThe application process to study in Germany:
- Find a Study Program.
- Meet All Requirements.
- Learn The German Language.
- Find Financial Resources.
- Apply For Admission.
- Get Your German Student Visa.
- Find Accommodation.
- Enroll At Your University.