What are the Visa Requirements for Germany?Germany is an ideal destination for abroad education with its top-notch education facilities and welcoming culture that accepts immigrants from all over the world. Especially, German universities attract a large number of Indian students. Although many students gain admission to German universities, most of them face issues while getting the German student visa due to limited guidance. This step-by-step guide provided by the Admissiongyan education consultancy helps Indian students apply for a German student visa. As per the German laws, the non-EU nationals including the students who wish to stay in Germany for more than 90 days, i.e., 3 months must get a visa. Besides the student visa, Indian students must also get a German language visa to study Masters or MS in Germany. However, a few highly skilled Indian students such as Master students, Doctoral Students, Postdoctoral, Students, and Scholarship holders don’t need a German student visa. They can skip the wait time and go directly to the German embassy in India. So, if you have gained admission from German universities, you need to find out whether you are required to apply for a student visa or not.
What Type of German Visa Do the Indian Students Need to Study in Germany?German embassies issue several types of visas, including the Tourist & Visitor Visa, Working Visa, Studying & Language Learning Visa, Job Seeker Visa, Business to mention a few. You must know what type of visa you are entitled to studying in Germany. The visas issued by the German authorities are also differentiated based on the duration of the stay in Germany, i.e., Short-term visas and Long-term visas. As a student, you need to stay in Germany for more than 6 months, therefore you should apply for a long-term visa which is known as D visa.
Making Your Visa AppointmentThe moment your university of choice sends you an admission letter, reach the German embassy located near your residence to boo an appointment. The appointment can be scheduled either through a call or online by visiting the embassy’s website.
List of German Embassies in India
- German Embassy, New Delhi – For citizens of Haryana, Jammu, and Kashmir, Punjab, Sikkim, Uttarakhand including the Union Territories of Chandigarh, NCT of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep including Minicoy, Amini, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh.
- General Consulate General, Bengalaru – For citizens of Karnataka and Kerala.
- German Consulate General, Mumbai – For citizens of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman, and Diu.
- German Consulate General, Chennai – For citizens of Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Pondicherry.
- German Consulate General, Kolkata – For citizens of Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, West Bengal, Arunachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, and Nagaland.
German-D Student Visa Fees
- National Visa (under 18 years old): Rs. 3100 or 37.50 Euros
- National Visa (over 18 years old): Rs. 6200 or 75 Euros
German Visa Requirements for Indian StudentsIndian students are required to submit the following documents while applying for the German Student Visa
- A Valid Passport
- A cover letter that explains the purpose of the visit
- 3 passport photos with biometric specifications
- Admission letter from an accredited German university
- University fees (if applicable)
- Language proficiency - English or Germany
- Residence Permit fee
- Academic certificates
- Proof of Financial Means: You should make sure that you have the proper financial means to afford your education in Germany. For this, you need to open a blocked bank account, which ensures that you have a minimum of €10,236 in your account to fund your accommodation for at least the first year of your studies.
- Do remember to open a blocked bank account 4-10 weeks before the semester to ensure you have plenty of time to access the money once your studies begin. In case you are planning higher study in Germany on a scholarship program, you must submit the confirmation of your scholarship.
- Proof of Health Insurance: The travel health insurance policy you have purchased in India will cover you for the first three months.
A Comprehensive Overview of Studying MS in Germany During COVID-19It would be an understatement to say that coronavirus has altered the way the world functions once. With many public places being shut, the world indeed came to a halt, which seems indefinite now. With countries grappling with the effects of the pandemic, the major question is the opening and functioning of universities. For students who were looking forward to studying in countries like the USA and the UK now prefer Germany more. Note that European nations were predicted to come out of this pandemic slump faster than others. Out of all the European nations, Germany, with its best social and healthcare infrastructure, slowed down the spread of the pandemic commendably. So let’s take a glance at the possibilities of studying MS in Germany amidst this pandemic.
Travel Restrictions are Eased GraduallyFrom 15th June, the restrictions related to travel have been eased for 26 EU nations, including Germany. Positive news on this aspect is that the visa application is being accepted for international students traveling to Germany. But note that they are accepted in a limited manner only, and hence you have to wait for the full approval process. Quite interestingly, the classes for the winter semester is all set to commence from 1st November 2020. This news depicts the readiness and willingness of German Universities to accept international students in their programs.
Can International Students travel to Study MS in Germany right now?In the earlier stages of the pandemic, Germany had imposed very strict travel rules. You may be allowed to enter Germany if you are from a country belonging to the European Union. German Universities are not accepting students from a non-EU country. But if you belong from a country where the cases of the pandemic are low, you would be allowed to travel to Germany for higher studies.
Can International Students obtain a visa to Commence their Studies in German Universities now?Throughout the pandemic, many German missions based out of Germany have stopped accepting visa applications. However, as you can see, there is relative relaxation of visa restrictions. Hence, one can expect that the German consulates and embassies would resume their operations soon. If you are a student belonging from an EU country, consider yourself lucky. It is because the process of resuming visa applications for EU students has already started. On the other hand, international students who have finished the visa application process, including the interview, are likely to face various issues. It is because the application processes that are pending are often put on hold. One can expect these applications would be processed again when the German embassy in your country reopens soon. One of the main take-away from the aspects mentioned above is that one can expect the German embassies to work full-fledged to accommodate international students. It would be great if Germany allows students from non-EU countries to study in its prestigious universities. Ensure that you are in regular contact with the embassy or the consulate who is overseeing your visa application process.
Possibilities of International Students Applying for the Winter Semester 2020/21 to Study in GermanyWell, international students can apply for the winter semester of 2020/21. Especially when the context is about the Bachelor’s programs, the deadlines were extended till 20th August. Similar cases apply to other Master’s degrees. It is recommended that you check the website of the university frequently so that you don’t miss out on important updates. But to be precise, the application process would be a bit difficult for international students who are willing to study MS in Germany. Another issue is that the postal services have either been restricted or stopped. If your university requires paper-based application documents, then you cannot send them. However, you can contact the program coordinators to learn about other alternatives that are in place. Expect strict hygiene and social distancing in place when you finally are in Germany for higher studies. Any possible flouting of quarantine and social distancing rules would attract serious penalties. Let’s hope that this pandemic subsides soon and realize your dream of pursuing higher studies in Germany.Read More
COVID-19 Study Abroad Impact
The coronavirus outbreak has already disrupted life around the globe. The full extent of consequences on the higher education sector in the months to come is not yet clear and still unfolding. The entire world is at stake and that is why the entire education sector is getting affected as well.
Situations in the European Countries
In recent times, countries like Germany, France, The Netherlands, Ireland, UK, Sweden, and Italy are facing a very difficult situation due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Indian students are delaying or changing their plans to study masters abroad this year due to coronavirus disruptions and are closely monitoring the pandemic situation in the most popular destinations. While thinking to study in Germany, students are considering their options twice.
Impact on Study Abroad Programs
No face-to-face teaching or exams
Though a lot of Indian students get scholarships to study abroad every year, this year is turning out to be a bit different. To reduce the spread of coronavirus, ample universities have suspended any on-campus activities like lectures.
Restrictions on immigration
Now, it is restricted to study in Europe rather than visit the place from another country. Plenty of countries are already restricting entry at their borders, and only nationals or permanent residents are permitted unless there are important reasons. How, this will affect foreign students in autumn 2020 is still unclear, but you should follow developments closely so you can plan.
Due to COVID-19, study abroad programs and courses are getting delayed by the educational institutes as well. Actions taken against COVID-19 can actually impact education in a way that delays the award of high school diplomas or degrees. This in turn might mean that, whenever a student is going to apply for a study program, he or she technically does not meet all requirements. This is possible that each university will adapt to this scenario because it can affect a massive number of first-year students.
To know about study abroad consultants can help you to know the entire process. In this pandemic time, all over the world are facing the issues of travel bans and canceled events. As a result, universities have saved some of the additional funds. This money is redirected to enhance the scholarships or cover certain fees, like application or orientation fees for students. Some of the foreign universities have also started their online classes for the master’s program as well. The syllabus and study materials are being provided through emails to the students.If a student wants to study in Germany or any other European country. Then Admissiongyan, the top Overseas Consultancy in Bangalore can assist you with the process. Once the pandemic will be over, a student will not have to fret once they are under the guidance with Admissiongyan. After career counseling and admission counseling, they ask the students to select their preferred university. After that, they help them to prepare all the important documents. They also assist them with visa application, bank loan, accommodation assistance, forex guidance, and health insurance as well. To study abroad closely follow instructions and the announcements of Admissiongyan, as well as those of the governments and universities in the countries you plan to study in.Read More
If you’re wondering about what you need to do to study in Germany, and you’re confused by the amount of information available on what steps you need to take, you’re at the right place. We have simplified the process of studying in Germany as an international student into 8 steps you need to go through. Follow these 8 steps one by one to keep track of where you are right now and what you need to do to make your dream of studying in Germany a reality.
8 Steps to Study in Germany |Application Guide For International Students infographicThe application process to study in Germany:
- Find a Study Program.
- Meet All Requirements.
- Learn The German Language.
- Find Financial Resources.
- Apply For Admission.
- Get Your German Student Visa.
- Find Accommodation.
- Enroll At Your University.
Study Abroad Helps to build A Global OutlookIt will completely change your life! This global outlook is going to help you in many walks of life! A recent survey by the Institute for International Education of Students (IES), reveals that 98% of students stated that exposure to different cultures served as a catalyst to foster a global outlook and in-process value their own culture. List of 5 ways to experience an immersive environment in a new culture:
Experience in New Culture First-Hand-Studying abroad helps you to a great learning experience in another culture. It helps Indian students to see things from a different perspective. While in India, we often have grown within our regional cultures and traditions, the rich cultural diversity in countries like Germany, Netherland, Switzerland, and Norway, etc helps Indian students to learn more about different customs, foods and lifestyles, beliefs, and values, while simultaneously enriching and continuing their studies.
Make Friends Around The World & Build a Global Network-Always make friends around the world! Fabricate a worldwide system as you associate and build up profound associations with individuals from over the globe. Volunteer, understudy, and proactively look for assignments that enable you to connect with various understudy networks on the grounds. The collaboration with understudies from differing societies both on-grounds and off-grounds is an incredible open door for understudies to assemble a global system, presumably the most significant result of universal instruction. Fabricate a worldwide system as you associate and build up profound associations with individuals from over the globe. Volunteer, understudy, and proactively look for assignments that enable you to connect with different understudy networks on the grounds.
Student Exchange Programs at Universities-Most colleges offer a chance to travel, learn, and work crosswise over various goals around the globe through understudy trade openings. In addition to the fact that it gives you an edge over your companions, while abroad on trade, you likewise get acknowledgment for the abroad investigation that typically endures a semester. As the best study abroad consultants Bangalore too will vouch, the combination of overseas study and international travel is a very enriching opportunity and gives Indian students new insights and perspective of the world.
Gain Value of Your Indian Culture-While learning new cultures helps you foster a global outlook, it’s also an excellent opportunity to share your own Indian culture with people around the world. Sharing and learning crosswise over different culture hence cultivates a more prominent point of view and encourages you to exploit the one of a kind open doors that abroad instruction present
Part-Time Work Opportunities-Germany, Netherland, and others provide you sufficient part-time work opportunities to fund your study, complement your classroom learning, and get exposed to real-world business skills. The part-time opportunity is a great way to experience the immersive environment and since you’re surrounded by the language on a daily basis, you are able to learn it quickly. The world of big opportunity is waiting! Visit expert overseas education consultants Bangalore to give your study abroad plan a head start. As the Leading investigation abroad specialists Pune, Planet Education gives pre-flight workshops to get ready understudies for concentrate abroad. Read More
4 Tips to Study in Europe for freeIf you are planning to study in Europe, you will be surprised to know that students can do their graduation from Germany for free not only in Germany but also in most of the countries in the European Union (EU)which has universities quality education, while students getting admissions without a pinch of GRE, IELTS/TOEFL or even Tuition FEES in the application pie. Here are the 4 tips if planning to study in Europe for free
1. Free EducationOn average, the cost for higher education tuition fees for an international student from a non-European country public universities in most European countries ranges from 0 to 500 Euros a semester. And traveling around the continent is not as complex as in Asia and very cheap.
- German universities come under the jurisdiction of the Government and that’s why they charge very nominal or no tuition fees for students, thus helping international students with low tuition fees.
- European government finances education with taxpayer's money so universities and state university colleges do not charge tuition fees for both native and foreign/international students.
2. No IELTSYou need to fulfill some criteria in order to get admission to the top universities or colleges in Europe without an IELTS score which would easily require you to exempt you from the need of one such test. A student showing some proficiency in the English language can prove their eligibility by proving:
- If the student has been educated in English medium during the five most recent years of study and has English as a first language at the IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) or O level (Ordinary Level).
- Need to have a degree that has been taught only in English.
3. LanguagesSomeone said “Language is not a barrier in this current world in terms of any sort of work” but if you want to study in Europe it becomes the main barrier in each European country due to the rich diversity of spoken languages. Most of the universities are not English-speaking, the only downfall would be being able to speak in the language of the country but I wouldn’t disappoint you as many universities offer courses in the English language. There’s also a lot of focus in Masters Programs taught completely in English. But you can quickly pick up a new language during your time there, and make your resume look even more international.
4. Work PermitEvery student has a dream to work abroad and spend some quality time on your own expenses independently. Many students who want to study abroad in Europe get their incentives as a work permit ranging from months to years while you complete your studies in European universities. Europe is rich in innovation. Most of the world-class companies are from Europe who is the best in Technology/design. European Universities offer a variety of programs and they are recognized all over the world. The European Union has a share of more than 44% of the total number of patent applications worldwide. Students get an exposure to an international culture, Europe embraces its education with pinnacle opportunities in career, experienced faculty members and leaders in the field of technology providing in-depth information of their respective areas to the students. The world-class facilities and high-end equipment used in research provide an opportunity to candidate gain an edge over his interests. So stop dreaming and get ready to study abroad with the help of study abroad consultants in BangaloreRead More
Top Universities in the World for Overseas Education
Although it is very difficult to choose the right university among the Top Universities in the World, you may find that there are few major differences between universities that may help you when you are taking the big decision.
A most important thing is to determine what kind of nature and focus the university has and make sure that will coordinate with your own personality, interests, and goals. The overall atmosphere & culture of the college plays a big role in the future for your success in doing your Masters. If we figure out what is very important, which will help you to choose the best college where you have to make yourself to precise the field which you have to go, and as you are a student who will have big dreams to achieve, but you may be confused by many ways, and we as an Overseas Education Consultants we make sure that you will be placed in Top Universities in the world and college which will reach your expectation and help you to make your dreams come true.
Every University has its own specialty, and here we give you some tips to assure that you choose the best in Top Universities in the world that is the best fit for you.
The network of Best Universities in Abroad:
The only way to know about the university’s character is by seeing which networks it exists. This will tell you many things about the institution’s capability. One of the major networks abroad is the Group of Eight.
Their university members are known for their intensive research focus and their broad range of offering masters. Other networks include The Technology Network of Universities, Regional Universities Network, and The Innovative Research Universities network. Also, see for international networks, and Admissiongyan gives many opportunities through these networks which will help you to get Study Abroad opportunities with privileged and Top Universities in the world Overseas.
Strengths of Top Universities in the world:
Remember that no university is good at everything and no university is good at nothing. Every university excels in special areas. So you should ensure that the field which you choose to study will be a strong-point of the university you choose and covers its high priority The University Ratings are the perfect place to start, and you have to research each university’s teaching and research strengths and weakness through their websites.
Choosing the Right Study Abroad University that covers your field of study will provide you with an approach to more specialized opportunities like field-specific academic opportunities to study overseas and a Job opportunity with prestigious companies in the best industry. I Suggest not waste your precious time, for all this, just take one step forward and come to Admissiongyan, it will do all the research work for all the universities and make sure you select the best university and study abroad program for you.
Vocational Options in Abroad Top Universities in the world:
For students who are looking to secure a quick job opportunity right after Masters, the vocational course option is always been great. Or, if someone who is interested and wants to be a part of the Service Sector, this may be your cup of tea. A majority of Universities abroad offer vocational programs from broad to all the students from Admissiongyan so that you can get into a relevant job without any inconvenience.
You will even find the universities with TAFF departments that offer students the chance to choose the industry-focused VET qualifications and vice versa. If your main aim is to complete research and pursue a career according to your academics, then you will get lots of opportunities from the university’s research partnerships, academic links and research facilities will play an important role.
Campus & Community of Best Places & Universities to Study Abroad:
When you are planning to study abroad, in the best university in abroad, the benefits of an attractive campus shouldn’t be underrated. Here are some examples of Universities abroad that offer a great campus environment along with excellent academic facilities.
The university’s in abroad has one of the most beautiful and pleasant campuses in each country. One of the highlights of the campus is it looks like a palace with a huge and comfortable classroom, surrounded by the historical park and botanical gardens. The Lecture halls, institutes, canteen, Phi logical Library, and Glass library with many Collections with the best interior as well. The university passionately supports students who go abroad for their studies or research activities, both for shorter and longer periods of time.
Admissiongyan an Overseas Education Consultancy Services for Foreign Studies:• Selection of universities • Applying with discretion and assisting you through the complete procedure in a cost-effective manner • International English Language Training Guidance such as TOEFL/IELTS • German Language Training • Mock Interviews • Guidance on Education Loan • Travel & Foreign Exchange Arrangements • Complete Visa Guidance • Pre Departure Briefings • Accommodation Guidance and Arrangements
Also, Admissiongyan Consultancy Guide on Documents Preparation Such as:• Recommendation Letters • Statement of Purpose / Motivation Letter (Program Specific) • Academic Resume (Country Specific) • Academic Project Abstract/Bachelor Degree thesis
• Health Insurance for Abroad Studies
• Foreign Studies Duration & Fees
• Foreign Accommodation for Higher Studies
• Visa Procedure
• Bank Loan Assistance for Higher Education
• Overseas Studies Scholarship
The Procedure for applying to a master’s degree in abroad universities?Here is the list of all the tasks that you need to take for starting your Masters abroad. The steps mentioned below are in the order of priority of all the Top Universities in the world abroad. University Application:
Get your passport: your first task is to get your Passport. This step is not optional. Your passport is like an opener which unlocks many doors along the way.1. IELTS test (if necessary): Your English language proficiency should be proved first, that to base on your course requirements. You can do that by taking an English language test (IELTS/TOFEL). IELTS is a popular option and is widely accepted by abroad universities.
2. GRE (if necessary): Some German universities also list the GRE scorecard as an admission requirement (TUM, RWTH Aachen). In such a case, you need to take the GRE test. This test will measure your basic math skills.
3. Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV): CV is a mandatory document listed on every university course requirement page. It is very important that you create or update your CV based on university type.
4. Prepare your SOP: Statement of Purpose (SOP) is maybe one of the most important documents you send along with your application. It will take more time and effort but end with a satisfactory version of your SOP.
5. Get your LORs: Letter of recommendation is the (Positive) personal assessment given by supervisors, here Admissiongyan will help you to get your LOR’s positive.
6. Send your Applications: Now you have got all the required documents, it is time to start the application process. Most universities ask you to apply online but we as a study abroad consultant, we take care throughout the process.
7. Apply for education loan: Admissiongyan follows a list of state and private banks offering bank loans at reasonable rates. We assist our students with the eligibility criteria and the selection of the bank.
8. Take the travel insurance: Travel insurance covers you during your travel and initial few days in abroad. You will be asked to produce this document during your Visa Interview (Bangalore).
9. Apply for the Visa: International students from a country within the European Union or Australia, Japan, Canada, Israel, New Zealand, USA, Switzerland, Honduras, Monaco, and San Marino do not need a visa to apply to study in aboard; this is the final step to achieve your goal. Also, since you have come so far through the exhausting application process.
10. Pack your bags and say goodbyes: Now it’s time to fly and let your parents take care of themselves! And fly to the destination which you like and top university and best college which reaches your expectations and make your dreams come true through Admissiongyan.Read More
The 4 Easy Steps to prepare for studying abroad[caption id="attachment_2727" align="alignnone" width="848"] Source: mtaloy[/caption]
You have the grades, you have a country in your mind and you know exactly which course you want. You have the dream, but how do you approach this practically? As an overseas educational consultant, let us tell you: You can do it step by step. Do not feel overwhelmed, it all comes down to four basics that you need to get right.
Taking the Test
The first step towards studying abroad is to take the relevant competitive exam. There is TOEFL, IELTS also the GRE or the GMAT. Many European countries have their own language tests that you are required to take. Prepare well for your tests. Enroll in a good institute or get the help of books, especially for such competitive exams available in shops and libraries. Practice writing the answers at home so that you become better at time management. Book a test date and go confidently.
Applying for Foreign Universities
While you are busy studying for your tests, start applying to the university/institute that you want to study in. Do proper research before you apply. Get a list of top educational consultants and approach one that will suit your requirement. If you are planning on studying in a European country, then approach a consultant that specializes in overseas studies in Europe. Whichever institute you are applying, please go through their website in detail, assess the tuition fees, their policies regarding working part-time, accommodations, etc. Once you have the offer letter in hand, start preparing for the great journey ahead.
Approaching an Education Consultant
Visa processing, interviews, documents, verifications… suddenly studying abroad may look like a nightmare to you. This is where your overseas educational consultant comes in. A consultant can help you organize your documents, give you the right guidance, and provide you with a checklist of the documents that are required. Your consultant can also help you prepare for the visa interview and make sure that everything is in place.
Applying for a Visa
Visa processing may take a while, so apply early. Don’t lose your chance of joining the university because your visa was delayed. While applying for a visa, have a neat folder containing your documents carefully arranged along with your passport-sized photographs. Get in touch with a knowledgeable consultant. During the interview, keep a calm and pleasant face. You are sure to clear it.
So there! A seemingly difficult task can be divided into 4 manageable pieces.Read More